FSSAI License is food License, mandatory for all Food Business Operators (FBOs) whether wholesalers, suppliers, traders, restaurant etc. This is one of the most important licenses to run a restaurant successfully free from legal hindrance. Check here the documents required to obtain Food License for Restaurant.
FSSAI Licensing/Registration System
Before applying you can check your eligibility for the type of license you required, by clicking on the check eligibility on the login page of official website of FSSAI. You can check eligibility for multiple premises/unit.
In order to apply for FSSAI license, you must have an FSSAI account, if you do not have it, then you have to make it. A step by step procedure is given here:
- Click on the ‘sign up’ to create a new account.
- Fill all the details in sign-up form for FBO, click on the checkbox to Accept all the terms and conditions.
- Then click on ‘Register’ button to submit the form.
- Signed up successfully message will appear.
- SMS and Email will be sent to you confirming the successful sign-up.
FBO Log-in: Food business operator can log in to the system with the username and password created during FBO sign up.
Applying for License/Registration
- After login, move the mouse over ‘License/Registration’ in the menu bar and from the drop down option click on ‘Apply for License/Registration’. It will redirect you on a new page.
- Select the state for which license is to be applied from the drop down.
- If you are operating in more than one state then the option Yes to be selected otherwise No.
- If you are applying for Head office/Registered office then the option Yes to be selected otherwise No.
- Select all the kind of Businesses which are located in a single premise for which License is to be applied.
- Check the capacity/turnover for determining the eligibility For each Kind of Business selected and Click on Proceed.
- After these all information all kind of businesses will be grouped under the respective ’license category’. You can apply for each license category individually by clicking on the link ‘click to apply’ link against each License Category.
- Once clicked on ‘click to Apply’ you would be redirected to a page to accept declaration/undertaking. Once accepted than FBO would be able to proceed.
Now, you will be redirected to an application form for Central/State License or Basic Registration as per your Eligibility. Step by Step Procedure is given below for it:
Apply for Central/State License
- Based on Pre-check if you are re-directed to a central or State License then the application form for central or State license will appear.
- Fill the form details and click on “SAVE & NEXT” button to proceed further. You will be re-directed to the Product details page.
- Click on the “Select Food Category” and select the category of food from the drop-down menu. If there are Subcategories for the Food category selected then select the sub-category from the drop-down menu (If applicable).
- Enter the name of all food items which will come under the selected food category separated by a comma.
- Enter the Quantity and Select the Kind of business from the drop-down list.
- Click on “Save & Add” button to add the product. You can add more than one food category one by one.
- After completing this section click on ‘Save & Next’ button, FBO will be re-directed to a page.
- Fill all the details in the form and click on ‘Save & Next’ button, FBO will be re-directed to a new page to submit the documents.
- Upload all the documents. If any document is not applicable for the category of business, then select “Not Applicable”.
- Select the no. of years (1 – 5) for which license is to be applied from the drop down.
- Click on Save & Next button, it would redirect to the payment page.
- Select the payment gateway it would redirect to the page for making the final submission.
- You can view the application before final submission by clicking on “Preview Application”.
- You can make changes in the application filled by clicking on “Previous”.
- Once you click on Proceed for Payment you would be redirected to the page to make payment and once the payment is successful you would have to upload the FORM-B with authorized signatory.
- License Application will be submitted successfully (Receipt will be generated) and online application will be forwarded to the respective Designated Officer. Please note down the Reference Number generated for future reference.
- Click on “View/Print License Application” to take print out of Application (Form -B) and click on the Printer icon to print the Receipt.
Apply for Registration Certificate
- Based on the Pre-check if you directed to Basic registration then the application form ‘Form-A’ for registration would appear.
- Fill all the details in the form and upload photo and identity proof.
- After filling the application form click on “Proceed for payment” to make payment.
- Make the payment and click on “submit” to submit the application for the registration certificate.
- The receipt would be generated. Click on “view application” to take print out of Application (Form-A) and take a print.