FSSAI License is food License, It is mandatory for all Food Business Operators (FBOs) whether wholesalers, suppliers, traders, restaurant etc. This is one of the most important licenses to run a restaurant successfully free from legal hindrance. It is basically a 14- Digit unique registration number that is printed on all food item Packages, Menu cards etc. It ensures the customers that they are dining at the right place.
The importance of FSSAI license and the necessary documents required for obtaining FSSAI license for the restaurant, not only restaurants but other food businesses also, detailed below.
Importance of FSSAI License
FSSAI License is important for all food business. It saves from all legal obstacles in your business. It can also be used as a marketing tool to increase business. It indicates that the food quality of your restaurant caters to all the requirements of the Food Safety Standards Authority of India. It is hygienic and safe. It assures that food is of higher standards because, during food verification, food is tested at many stages, if there is any flaw, then they should be improved. You must have an FSSAI license to gain easy acceptance from customers. It extends your business and standardizes kitchen and raw materials.
What will happen if you do not get the FSSAI License?
If you do not register for the FSSAI license then you may have penalties and fines. It can cost more than the license cost. Therefore, it would be good to get a license to protect yourself against legal hinders and just to concentrate on your business. In this case, Customers will have any doubts about food standards for your goods, it will hinder your business.
Important documents for FSSAI Registration/License
- Blueprint/layout plan of the processing unit (Kitchen Layout Plan)
- List of Directors with full address and contact details
- Name and List of Equipment and Machinery
- Analysis report of water from an ISI approved the facility
- Photo I.D and address proof issued by Government authority of Proprietor/ Partner/ Director(s)/ Authorized Signatory.
- Proof of possession of premises (Sale deed/ Rent agreement/ Electricity bill, etc.)
- Partnership Deed/Self Declaration for Proprietorship
- List of food category
- Proof of Expected Annual Turnover (self-attested)
- Food Safety Management plan (You can get these documents from the nearest Notary or can be downloaded online)
- Certificate provided by the Ministry of Tourism (HRACC) (Applicable for Hotels only)
- NOCs from Municipality or local body.
- Valid Email ID and Contact Number
- Medical Certificates of Employees.
- Form duly completed and signed by the Proprietor (Restaurant Owner).
- Form IX: Nomination of Persons by a Company along with the Board Resolution